Calender vs Calendar
These two words look like a clone: they have almost same spelling , same pronunciation; One can't differentiate them in the first sight. But, vocabeasy has a trick that helps one differentiate them.
- a machine that smooths paper or cloth by pressing it between plates or passing it through
- press between rollers or plates so as to smooth and glaze into sheets (V)
- a page or series of pages showing the days, weeks and months or a particular year, especially one that you hang on a wall
- Scrutinizing the words: Calender and Calendar, you find letters "e" and "a" after "d" respectively, which can help differentiate them.
- In the word Calendar, we see letter a after d; As the word day has a after d, the same way, the word calendar also has a after d; this can help us learn that the word calendar that has a after d tells about day, and the word calender that has e after d tells about machine.
Prev. Post || Next Post