gender-bender fuddy duddy nitty gritty pell-mell roly-poly goody-goody shilly-shally loosy-goosy ding-dong yin-yang hogen-mogen mumbo-jumbo
- a person who dresses in the clothes of the other sex
- a person who dresses and behaves like the opposite sex
- Many gender-benders came in the party.
- a person who is very old-fashioned and pompous
- He talks like old fuddy-duddy.
- the most important aspects or practical details of a subject or situation
- the most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience
- Tables are the nitty-gritty of Maths.
- Grammar is the nitty-gritty of English.
- in a confused, rushed, or disorderly manner (Adv.)
- hasty or disorganized (Adj.)
- a disorderly situation or collection of things (N)
- The children rushed pell-mell down the stairs.
- self righteous
- a person who behaves extremely well in order to please a superior
- If you want promotion, you must be goody-goody for the seniors.
- used to represent the sound made by a bell
- an argument or fight
- heartily or earnestly
- They fell to work ding-dong.
- They were having a real ding-dong on the doorstep.
- I rang the bell ding-dong and then entered the house.
- relaxed and comfortable
- After eating some fruits, I feel loosy-goosy.
- language or ritual causing confusion
- In a festival, we do many mumbo-jumbo.
- short, round and fat
- a hot sweet make from suet pastry spread with jam and rolled up
- My little brother is very roly-poly.
- And he likes to eat roly-poly.
- a person having high power
- powerful; grand
- Don't show me your hogen-mogen status.
- I am going to a hogen-mogen party
- fail to act resolutely or firmly
- to take a long time to do something, especially to make a decision
- not firm behaviour
- Stop shilly-shallying and make up your mind.
- Our govenment is shilly-shallying about the suicide of the student.
- two complementary opposites
- Boys and girls are yin-yang.
- Husband and wife is the best example of yin-yang.
Prev. Post || Next Post